What is MLS Laser Therapy?
- MLS stands for Multi-Wave Locked System. The MLS Therapy Laser treats pain, inflammation and arthritis.
- It features 2 wavelengths; 808 nanometers and 905 nanometers. The wavelengths are in the infrared spectrum. They are invisible to the eye, but can be seen using a cell phone camera.
- Laser therapy was cleared by the FDA in 2002 and is currently being used by a variety of medical specialties, as well as professional sports teams, including the Dallas Cowboys and Cleveland Cavaliers.
Benefits of MLS® Laser Therapy
Anti-Inflammatory: MLS® Laser Therapy has an anti-edema effect as it causes vasodilation, but also because it activates the lymphatic drainage system which drains swollen areas. As a result, there is a reduction in swelling caused by bruising or inflammation.
Rapid Pain Relief: MLS® Laser Therapy has a beneficial effect on nerve cells. It blocks pain transmitted by these cells to the brain which decreases nerve sensitivity.
Reduced Scar Tissue: MLS® Laser Therapy reduces the formation of scar tissue following tissue damage from cuts, scratches, burns, or surgery.
Faster Wound Healing: Laser light stimulates collagen development in damaged tissue. As a result, MLS® Laser Therapy is effective post surgically and in the treatment of open wounds and burns. And lastly, like an antibiotic each treatment is cumulative in its effectiveness, building off the previous treatments, which is why we never do just one treatment!
Conditions Treated with MLS Laser Therapy
- Arthritis & Bursitis
- Rotator Cuff Tendonities
- Neck & Shoulder Injuries
- Repetitive Motion Injuries
- Hip, Knee & Lumbar Pain
- Achilles Tendonitis
- Occupational Injuries
- Sprains and Strains
- Sports Injuries
- Heel and Foot Pain
Does it hurt?
No. You feel nothing at all during the procedure! And decades of studies have proven there are no harmful side effects unlike dangerous pain medications.
How long does the procedure take?
Sessions last between 8-15 minutes depending on the area being treated.
How many times do I need to come to see results?
- Acute patients will need a minimum of 6 treatments every other day for 2 weeks. They may experience some relief before even leaving the office but the maximum benefit will be felt within 5-7 hours post treatment.
- Chronic patients will need a minimum of 10 treatments every other day for 3 weeks. It may take up to 4 treatments before noticing any difference, hence requiring a minimum of 10 to optimize healing.
- For arthritic patients, 10 treatments to begin will be needed, then a single treatment every 1-2 months to maintain their comfort level.